Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Palm Springs? As a general rule, there are three primary areas of your property for video surveillance: your principal entryway, your home’s exterior, and strategic interior positions. Even though your security installer can recommend where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Always Protect Your Front Entryway
Even though it might seem absurd that a burglar would make an effort to just enter through primary entrance, 34% of break-ins occur at this passageway. You can also count package thieves among other risks to deal with. A video doorbell is able to manage these types of worries with an HD, wide angle lens.
Video doorbells are nice as you are able to converse with any visitors who come and ring the bell. With the help of your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you have the option to reply to all engagements with two-direction audio and real-time footage and give the impression you’re on site. When a person attempts something criminal, you can have your video doorbell instantly record a clip and deliver it to your smartphone with a text message.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Exterior Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is often a difficult assignment. Luckily, there are a few beneficial suggestions to make sure your home is defended properly.
- The corners of your Palm Springs house allow for an impressive field-of-view, letting you see two segments of your yard.
- Right under an overhang or straight into a piece of trim or siding are excellent options for surveillance devices as they will be somewhat hidden by blending into your gutterline.
- On top of your garage, since the garage door is a more likely passageway for invaders than you might believe!
- Over a deck or sliding door -- or any doorway that can’t be seen from the sidewalk.
To make sure these locations are successful, you should always cut back any overgrown plants or trees that might obstruct your view.
Suggestions For Getting The Most From Your In-Home Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your residence in Palm Springs. However, the added flexibility results in there being other installation variables to contemplate:
- Beware of Sun Glare: While you’ll want to ensure your windows are closed and locked, the sunlight that enters via a window might create a glare and impact the clarity of your video recording. Point your interior camera lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to avoid this.
- Use Your Height Advantage: In the same fashion as an observation deck, a video camera positioned in an elevated area will have a wider field of vision. You might situate your cameras on top of bookshelves or affixed to a corner or ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your surveillance system won’t have the chance to safeguard your home if it’s damaged or destroyed. Place your indoor units in locations where little ones and house pets aren’t able to tamper with them. Consider mounting or other ways of securing them to make sure they don’t crash to the ground if accidentally bumped.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The top security camera won’t do much good if there is a decorative item or plant in the way. However, potted plants and other decor items also have the ability to cloak your security equipment. Just make sure they don’t obscure the lens!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and additional security components, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the perfect system for your complete residence -- protecting every inch. Simply contact (760) 230-3527 or complete the following form to get started.