Home security cameras can easily be placed as a warning—a display that informs burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to bolster your home’s security.
Luckily, the latest security cameras arrive armed with a plethora of additions all designed to enable all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording options or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these tools empower you to have the most from home security cameras in Palm Springs.
How To Set Up Your Palm Springs Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
The first step to improving your video surveillance is installing them in the best spots around your home. Interior security cameras need to be placed in high traffic areas like the kitchen or den. It’s also a great idea to have a camera pointed at main doors, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to move around to get to the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras should provide a clear sightline of your front door, driveway, front and backyard, shed, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your front door via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places around your interior that aren’t quite as vital to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Privacy for you and your guests should be a major concern prior to mounting a camera in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion detectors if you desire some type of security in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Home Security Cameras
Component layout is only the beginning in getting the all you can out of home security cameras in Palm Springs. The features shown below help to optimize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant notifications on your mobile device anytime strange activity is sensed. You can also configure cameras to begin filming when movements are detected which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your security cameras to capture footage and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- Two-way talk: Nearly all of today’s security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to converse with people via the camera. With your security app, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they come back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, gives you a more comprehensive look at what where you want to protect. Opt for cameras that provide at least 120-degree angle lens or that are able to pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Night vision: Double check that your home security cameras come with either infrared or LED sensors that will pick up video of overnight movement.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more targeted, program activity zones. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to alert you of movement occurring on your yard or your patio and disregard animals passing or the sidewalk.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera feeds, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date alerts when the detect something unusual taking place around your home.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Palm Springs is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your home security is elevated from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (760) 230-3527 or submit the form below to start customizing your home security and camera system today.