Modern smart security solutions are getting more capable every year. Even so, it’s still easy to neglect to perform basic security duties like turning on your a security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you didn’t have to worry about these things in the future? When you implement geofencing in Palm Springs, you can just drive off to work and make your security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Palm Springs For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary around your residence, which you may set up in your smart security app. The technology then tracks your mobile device to determine when you go past the boundary and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components utilize to share information with each other. This innovative approach aids your security system by centralizing all elements onto one, unified network. You are then able to institute specific boundaries around your house and designate the specific actions you want to occur if you go past the prearranged border line.
To illustrate, as soon as you exit your property, you may set your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will alert your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
These are several of the technologies you can manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics like speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your home’s security system in Palm Springs. When accessing the mobile app, you are able to make the most of automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to operate at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to turn down to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make specific components come alive when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to activate the exhaust fan when the fire alarm trips. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway if your doorbell camera detects unusual motion in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that function in concert with each other. Have your smart bulbs switch off, the temperature go down, and the locks engage at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with specific lighting and temperature levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: You may not always remember to enable your alarm system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Palm Springs
Whether you’re looking for extra certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (760) 230-3527 or send in the following form to start designing your optimal security system.